23 December 2016

Merry Christmas

Please note that Jo and I are not being deliberately quiet or avoiding contact but I don't want to give false information until I know what is happening.
I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place (pun absolutely intended).
It is Christmas for us too, I'm still at work as I type this, our other lives carry on while we TRY to organise the event. I am not looking for sympathy, we love bringing this event to you all BUT I am asking for understanding and patience. 
This is a huge undertaking, we are NOT prepared to put our name to an event that has the potential to put participants at any added risk. Please understand that this is a volunteer run event.
The Kiwi Brevet covers 1100km, it is predominately in the back blocks of our beautiful country. Being in the back blocks can mean that intel is harder to come by, and that sometimes the roads we want to use are not such a priority for the local administration.
Sitting here right now I am ready to throw my arms up in frustration and say damn it, let's just postpone it till later in the year. That's the easy option but I know that as soon as I do that the roads will be cleared and some people will grizzle.
To be fair to everyone we need to make a decision fairly soon.
Cheers, Scott and Jo

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you're getting bad vibes, Scott - don't let the naysayers get you down...! Taking a further look at the Awatere Valley Rd, I'd be surprised if that weren't cleared by end of Jan - seems to be a priority as it's made good news profile on Stuff and elsewhere, and there are "9 families" stuck behind the slip, apparently. Is that the only logjam, or are there others? Keep up the good work - it's much appreciated by all eager breveteers out there... Happy Christmas, Ricos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys, I don't want to add to your grief organising this [and Thanks very much by the way] but... I rode the Pareka track today into Murchison and there are big Road Closed signs at both ends of the track. It didn't stop me or the 7 motorbikes I met on the way, but I thought you might like to know. There was no obvious reason it was closed, but it looks like the has been a digger up there working on the track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This review is written with clear conscience after reading terrible things done to some innocent people who needed help getting back their partner by some unsuspecting spell casters. It was too shameful to say this, but I was victimized twice due to my desperation when I was going through harsh closure divorce. The funny thing is that my colleague was also a victim. It took us couple of months to research for the best among the rest.
    If I am being asked to rate a spell caster according to the authenticity of their work, I will give a 5-star rating to Dr. Wakina for not just his breathtaking work but for restoring the faith in humanity.
    Note: this is not a cheap publicity, but a true story of my life, a woman who once lost everything to another appealing woman. I and my friend welcome back our partners via the help of Dr. Wakina.
    By restoring my faith and reuniting my family I believe Dr. Wakina through his email dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com can help a lot of people out there currently going through broken heart, home and divorce.

    ReplyDelete